As evidenced by the recent climate talks in Paris, there is a need for sustainable, renewable energy in place of fossil-fuels such as coal and gas. And that’s where wave energy comes in. Imagine being able to transform the crash of ocean waves into electricity! You can learn more about the efforts being made to capture and utilize the power of the oceans as a source of energy by reading The Next Wave by Elizabeth Rusch. And be sure to check out some recent updates on wave energy testing by the Northwest National Marine Renewable Energy Center (NNMREC) here.
by Lily Kessinger
- Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
- Is It Tornado Season Where You Live?
- Ultima Journey Update
- Fall 2018 Osprey Update!
- All Hands on Deck to Support the Southern Residents
- Ospreys in Missoula: Spring 2018 Update
- SLJ Interview Gives Readers a Behind the Scenes Look
- Crows Aren’t the Only Smart Birds in Town
- Big News for Scientist in the Field Scott Dowd
- NEW RESOURCE FOR STRAIGHT TALK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING