Polar Bear Week 2015
According to Polar Bears International, “Polar Bear Week provides polar bear enthusiasts with seven full days of celebrating their favorite arctic animal. The event coincides with the fall polar bear migration to Churchill, Manitoba, where polar bears gather to wait for freeze-up on Hudson Bay so they can return to hunting seals. During Polar Bear Week, we focus on how longer ice-free seasons are straining the limits of the bears’ fat reserves, threatening their survival.”
You can even watch polar bears live in the arctic here on Polar Bear TV. And be sure to read The Polar Bear Scientists by Peter Lourie for more information about climate change and its effects on the polar bear population.
by Lily Kessinger
- Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
- Is It Tornado Season Where You Live?
- Ultima Journey Update
- Fall 2018 Osprey Update!
- All Hands on Deck to Support the Southern Residents
- Ospreys in Missoula: Spring 2018 Update
- SLJ Interview Gives Readers a Behind the Scenes Look
- Crows Aren’t the Only Smart Birds in Town
- Big News for Scientist in the Field Scott Dowd
- NEW RESOURCE FOR STRAIGHT TALK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING