The Frog Scientist and the Atrazine Controversy
The controversy over the safety of the pesticide atrazine (the most commonly used agricultural chemical in the U.S.) continues. Global News has a new report on the debate that features Dr. Tyrone Hayes, the subject of the Scientists in the Field title THE FROG SCIENTIST. Teachers and parents may want to pair THE FROG SCIENTIST with this follow-up video to spark a debate about environmental health, public policy, and what one person can or should do when confronting powerful interests.
by Pamela Turner
About Pamela Turner
Pamela S. Turner lives in Oakland, California with her children and her husband. She has a B.A. in social science from UCAL-Irvine and a Master’s of public health from UCAL-Berkeley. She has written numerous books for young readers, including Hachiko and the Scientists in the Field titles Gorilla Doctors: Saving Endangered Great Apes, The Frog Scientist, Project Seahorse, The Dolphins of Shark Bay and her forthcoming work, Crow Smarts. Visit her website at pamelasturner.com.
- Follow Along As We Storm Chase In Tornado Alley
- Is It Tornado Season Where You Live?
- Ultima Journey Update
- Fall 2018 Osprey Update!
- All Hands on Deck to Support the Southern Residents
- Ospreys in Missoula: Spring 2018 Update
- SLJ Interview Gives Readers a Behind the Scenes Look
- Crows Aren’t the Only Smart Birds in Town
- Big News for Scientist in the Field Scott Dowd
- NEW RESOURCE FOR STRAIGHT TALK ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING